Imagine for a moment that you have gone out for the evening for a meal with your best friends at your favourite pub / restaurant. The waiter has just put your meal down in front of you and you have just taken the first bite of what promises to be a fantastic meal. Your pager goes off. You have to put down your knife and fork, forego your meal and time out with your mates and immediately head down to the lifeboat station to launch the lifeboat. A sailing vessel is in difficulties three miles out at sea!
And you still want to volunteer for this?
To become a team member, you need to:
• be over 17 (with the permission of your parents) or over 18 years old
• pass an RNLI medical and eyesight test
• be physically fit
• live and work in Weston – available 24 / 7 for call outs
• be a team player and be accepted by the rest of the team
• enjoy hard physical work
• be able to commit to attend the majority of training sessions on a Wednesday evening, and Sunday morning.
Do you fit the criteria above and still have a desire to give aid to those in distress?
Download our information pack and application form.